I was finishing up some work at school when I got a text from a friend telling me she was making vegan nachos for dinner. Vegan nachos?! Yum! I. Need. Them. Now. Unfortunately, this friend lives 3 hours away so I couldn’t just “drop by.”
On my ride home I could not get the vision of nachos out of my head. Cheesey, delicious nachos.
When I arrived at home I noticed a large box on my front steps. Call it serendipity, or merely just a coincidence, but I couldn’t have been happier with what I found inside. (Actually I’m pretty sure sunshine gleamed out of the box as it opened.) Bags and bags of Simply Sprouted Way Better Snacks Chips! I had recently inquired about their new chips and here were my glorious samples, arriving just in time to make NACHOS!
Why you should reach for these chips:
- Each serving of these chips contains 17 grams of whole grains
- All Natural
- Certified Gluten Free
- Non GMO
- Excellent Source of Whole Grains
- Low Sodium
- Never any: Trans Fat, fillers, artificial colors, flavors or preservatives
- Insanely delicious
- Great variety: Simply Sunny Multi-Grain, Simply Unbeatable Blues (Blue Tortilla Chips), Simply Sweeeet Potato, Simply So Sweet Chili, (No Salt) Naked Blues and Simply Beyond Black Bean.
How it all began:
“It all started with a simple vision to create a better snack. We wondered, wouldn’t it be great to go back to a time when the food we ate was actually nutritious and good for you. You know, before decades of environmental harm and mega food conglomerate processing wiped out most of the nutrients which used to be abundant in the food your grandparents ate. To make products you could feel good about eating again and sharing with others. Well, with that in mind, we decided to do just that. And we were led to the miracle of germination (you might know it as sprouting). Now we know that nutritionists and naturalists have been touting the incredible nutritional benefits of sprouting for years. And we knew how sprouting unlocked all the “good” that is inherent in all grains, seed and beans and brings them back to life (nutritionally speaking). So we thought, why then couldn’t we combine the powerful benefits of sprouting to a great tasting snack? You know sort of like those old TV commercials with that guy and girl tripping into each other with their chocolate and peanut butter. Anyway, you get the picture.
So, supported by the memories of simpler days gone by, we began to craft our products. And after many tries, we can say we’re proud to share Way Better Snacks with you. All are high in omega 3’s, antioxidants and other vital nutrients, and all are low in sodium and saturated fat. Way Better Snacks! They pretty much named themselves.
So grab a bag of Way Better Snacks, sit back, kick your feet up and think about some great old memories of simpler days gone by. And Enjoy!”
Not Yo Mamma’s Nachos-Created by: ME!
One of the things I love most about making nachos is you can customize them to what you are in the mood for and/or what you have available.
Ingredients: (I made nachos for “1″, however I don’t have the best concept of what that looks like, hence why I find myself stuffed most of the time. Use the amount you need.)
- Way Better Snack Chips (I used Sweet Chili, Sweet Potato and Unbeatable Blues)
- LightLife Gimme Lean Sausage
- Follow Your Heart Vegan Cheddar Cheese
- Cashew Cheese (Recipe to come soon)
- Tomatoes, diced
- Olives, sliced thin
- Avocado, diced
- Red Onion, diced
- Adobo Seasoning
- Black Beans
- Sweet Potato, diced
- Lime Juice
How to make:
- Heat oven to 350 and lightly grease the bottom of a pan.
- Heat up skillet with olive oil. Add sausage (form into patties and cut up after or use vegan “meat” of your choice). Cook until brown on both sides. Crumble up and put aside.
- Combine tomatoes, avocado, red onion, sweet potato, black beans and a pinch or two of adabo seasoning. Add lime juice and salt and stir together. (Don’t over stir, it should have a chunky consistancy).
- Place a layer of chips at the bottom of the pan.
- Cover with tomato mixture and crumbled sausage.
- Top with Cheeses and put in the oven for about 15 minutes, or until cheese melts.
*Next time I want to add vegan sour cream, Lightlife Fakin’ Bacon and salsa.
These chips seriously made my day… and night.